Home> General Practice
Chinese medicine as a primary healthcare system
Traditional Chinese medicine has provided a primary healthcare system to the Chinese and other east-Asian cultures for centuries. As practised today, it continues to offer a natural approach to health and wellbeing and may be used to address a wide range of conditions.
Conditions which respond well to the different modalities within Chinese medicine fall into the following categories:
• Eye, ear, nose and throat disorders
• Respiratory and cardiovascular disorders
• Gastrointestinal disorders
• Gynaecological and urogenital disorders
• Reproductive disorders (male and female infertility factors)
• Pain management
• Psycho-emotional and neurological disorders
• Immune disorders
• Post-operative and palliative care
What does a typical treatment programme invlove?
A typical treatment programme with traditional Chinese medicine uses a combination of acupuncture, herbs, nutrition and lifestyle counseling. Treatment is individualy customized and takes into account multiple factors including the presentation of your health concern, your general health and wellbeing, as well as any biomedical test findings and diagnoses. The frequency and length of treatment is typically determined by the nature of your condition.